Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Format content within Data-cards all at once

Hello community,

I am just wondering if there is a way that I can format the DataCardKeys and DataCardValues from different DataCards but within the same form all at once? 

Currently, I have to click on each DataCardKey and DataCardValues under each DataCard, and edit it's height, Width, X and Y all manually and one by one.

Is it possible to be done in bulk? Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Format content within Data-cards all at once

Hi @lliu_western 

You can Ctrl+click with DataCards within a form, but not the individual objects, and you have to do it from the tree view

select multi.gif

And as for selecting all of the datacardkey/value items, you can do it using the undo method you mentioned and then de-selecting the other items that are not of the same type from the tree view on the left - @mdevaney has a good tweet that covers this:

https://twitter.com/mattbdevaney/status/1217066977853726721?s=20

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can dynamically create a variable OnStart of the App:

Set(MyHeight,30);Set(MyWidth,300)
Then on each DatacardValue height and Width. As the variable changes, all other DatacardValues will Change.
For More Comprehensive actions on what you are looking for, go for what has been built by @iAm_ManCat 
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Community-App-Samples/Branding-Template-App-V2/td-p/363582
------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi, thank you for your quick reply.

I have done something similar. My top/first object in the screen is always the format the rest will follow. So in the rest of the datacard values or keys, I will always just set Width = [FirstObject]. Width , Height = [FirstObject].Height    so on and so for.

However, my struggle is, I have to click on each datacard_value and datacard_key and select "Width" or "Height", whatever that I am trying to change, and paste that function. 

What I am looking for is the ability to not have to select every single card to make the changes for the very first time. Because once I have done that, if I change the format after, it will just all change to the [FirstObject]'s format instead of manually clicking each one to change again. 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Well for the first time, you may have to through some manual process.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Heya @lliu_western@eka24 

Yes, you can use my method or you could use this other method which also works (last time I checked):

Ctrl+Click on DataCard1, DataCard2, DataCard3 then press Ctrl+A - this should allow you to set all of the widths to Datacard1.width as you were doing manually before (now all ofthem including Datacard 1 are set to this so it will all go blank as it can't reference itself)

Then de-select them all and just choose Datacard1 from the left navigation tree, set datacard1.width and the rest should follow

Let me know if this works for you, and thanks @eka24 for the shoutout 😺

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi thank you for your reply.

But control, and select multiple only works when its datacard itself. I believe if it's Datacard from a form, you cannot use this method. 

I have learned another method to select multiple datacard by switching the layout of the form then reverse back the action then it will select all the datacards in the form. However, I am interested in knowing how in each datacard inside the "form", there is datacardkey and datacardvalue, is there anyway to select them and edit them all at once?

You can multi-select the datacardkey and datavalue if it's within the same datacard.

Anyone has insights on this? thank you.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @lliu_western 

You can Ctrl+click with DataCards within a form, but not the individual objects, and you have to do it from the tree view

select multi.gif

And as for selecting all of the datacardkey/value items, you can do it using the undo method you mentioned and then de-selecting the other items that are not of the same type from the tree view on the left - @mdevaney has a good tweet that covers this:

https://twitter.com/mattbdevaney/status/1217066977853726721?s=20

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,070)