cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Format decimal numbers (in the Card)

Hi

I have form with Card for edit record, and i have the field Price(type decimal), and in the option Advanced the type format is "TextFormat.Number"

When i saved the record not decimal example € 12,34, store 1234

Thank

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Giancarlodr,

What was the data source of your App? Was there a Currency column in your data source? After you submitted the record, did the data saved in the right format in your data source?

I created an App, and the data source was SharePoint Online list. In the list, I had a Currency column. When I submitted the record, the Currency was shown as “1234” in the App, but in the data source, the Currency was shown as “$1234”, just as what I formatted the column type.

If I misunderstand you, please feel free reply.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi!

In the really the problem isn't the "Currency symbol", but the decimal values after dot or comma... I'm experimenting the same problem here and finding a solution... In my database (SQL Server) I have a column created as "[decimal](18, 2)" what means that I can record number like "1500.15" or "1.33", but when I create a datacard with a input text with "Format = Number", the value registered in the database is just "1500,00" or "1,00"... the insert command auto generated by Power App Not include the decimal values...

I understand this behaviour as a bug... Has anyone already registered decimal values in the database using PowerApp?

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,416)