cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Format issue text vs number

After I changed the format from number to text the currency gets visible in my datacard (wat wasn't visible if I've set format to number) 

But right now I've set my format to text the field isn't recognized anymore as a number value.

So if I want to make calculations with those fields to other fields it gives errors/no response.

Like for example 

Datacardvalue 1 (€1750,50) is formatted with ("[$-fr-FR]# ###,## 00","fr-FR") and set on text so I get €1 750,50 displayed.

Datacardvalue 2 (€2500,75) is formatted with ("[$-fr-FR]# ###,## 00","fr-FR") and set on text so I get €2 500,75 displayed.

If I want to sum datacardvalue 1 + 2 I should expect the result of € 4251,25, but it results in ,00.

So it looks like the datacardvalues won't be recognized as a number value anymore.

Do you have any idea's to solve this?

Thanks!

Ramon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

please I have tested your formula and it works fine. Don't convert the individual datacardvalues with the currency format.
test.JPG

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Try:
Value(Datacardvalue1.Text)+Value(Datacardvalue2.Text)
Highlighted

Right now I have:

Text(Sum(Value(DataCardValue1.Text)+Value(DataCardValue2.Text)),"[$-fr-FR]# ###,00","fr-FR")

But this gives me a result of ,00 but doesn't calculate my values

Highlighted

please I have tested your formula and it works fine. Don't convert the individual datacardvalues with the currency format.
test.JPG

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

You can't format a number value. You will need to take the format off where the value is entered so it is looking at it as just a number value and then can put the format on the final amount that you can display as a text.

Basically if you want it formatted it is text and not a number.

Highlighted

Hi @eka24 ,

So if I want to use the €0 000,00 value I only can use this as a "final" display screen? and not as a datavaluecard that can be used in other value fields?

Is it an Idea to make datacardvalues invisible and make an visable textfield to cover it? or will that have any con's aswell?

Kind Regards

Ramon

Highlighted

Hi @Ramonnooijen
Can you show exactly what you want so I adjust the formula for you. Give clear example what it is and what you want it to be.
Waiting for feedback
Highlighted

@eka24 

I think I have a solution:

When I format all datacardfields just as a number without "[$-fr-FR]# ###,00","fr-FR") format.

My result in my "total field will be 3350 in this example with formula: Sum(DataCardValue46+DataCardValue50+DataCardValue48+DataCardValue49+DataCardValue47) and set this visibility to false

Now I've created an text label with the formula : Text(Sum(DataCardValue14),"[$-fr-FR]# ###,00","fr-FR")

Just to use this label as the visible field and past it over the original datacardvalue and set this visibility to true

Now I get this as result:

visable label.png

Do you think this is a valid solution? because now I can use DataCardValue14 (in this case) in another formula in other fields.

Highlighted

I think is ok. if any issue comes up, you can always give a feedback

thank you

Highlighted

Hi @eka ,

I've processed it in my app and it is some extra work, but it works fine for me.

Right now it's visible what I wanted to see and in Sharepoint I get the data I need.

Because your help i came op this idea, so i've selected that as the solution 🙂

Thanks again!

Ramon

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,414)