cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yanni99
Helper II
Helper II

Formated text always revert to [$-en-US] And I can't seem to make it go away

I have a Textinput that I am trying to set the default to Text(VarText, "###-##-##"), but anything I do revert it back to Text(VarText, "[$-en-US]###-##-##").

I have tried the same in a Text label and I have the same ouptput. Always reverting bakc to Text(String, "[$-en-US]###-##-##")

I had it working for a second but then it reverted back automatically.

I have tried Text(String, "[en-US]###-##-##")

Text(String, "###-##-##","[en-US]")

I have tried also with zeros

Tell me it's a bug, I am going mad over this.

Started the new app today if that helps. Although it does the same thing in an older app I have.

1 REPLY 1
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yanni99 ,

Actually, it is not an bug, it is an normal behavior within Text function when you use it to format a number value or a date time value, the language placeholder would be inserted automatically.

If you specify a custom format without a language placeholder and the format is ambiguous from a global standpoint, the language tag for your current language is inserted automatically.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-text#language-placeh...

Actually, when you specify custom format within the Text function to format date or number value, you need also to specify the language placeholder, it you do not specify it manually, this language placeholder would be inserted automatically based on your currently language.

If you want to remove the language placeholder from the Text function, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (26,021)