cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting Calculated SharePoint field

I have a basic SharePoint custom list with several calculated columns, here is one of them

CalcColumn.png

By default it shopws up in the PowerApps created screens as 12345.000000. When I add a format command such as Text(ThisItem.ProdTotal,"[$-en-US]#,###.00") it does not seem to have any effect and still displays with 6 decimal places and no thousand separator.

I am sure I am missing some obvious detail, but it seems to elude me at the moment. If you can correct my approach so the result is to have 12,345 instead of 12345.000000 I am open to ideas

Thanks

Gary

1 REPLY 1
Power Apps
Power Apps

My guess is that it is not coming to PowerApps as a number so maybe trying to call Value on it like:
Text(Value(ThisItem.ProdTotal),"[$-en-US]#,###.00")

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,516)