cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Formatting DataCardValue number

Hello - I have a number which is shown as 13000 while I would like it to appear as 13,000 or later also as USD 13,000.00 - How can I do this?

At present the Text property is shown as just "parent.default"

Thx!

12 REPLIES 12

The SharePoint integration is specific to the List form functionality. 

I'm puzzled, for the test app, did you generate from data or start from blank? It seems like it should work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the test app, I created a new Canvas Power App, using the same SharePoint list.   I have a duplicate copy of the SharePoint list setup in Classic Experience (For InfoPath)... I might try that one on Monday , and create a new Canvas app and connect to that copy and see what it turns up with.  Will post my results.

I am also just going to create a app with no connection to SharePoint and try it as well... 

I was experiencing the same issue trying to format phone numbers. I finally found the issue. The source had special characters in the field. I had the column using Special formatting. When I changed it to Text, it worked perfectly. Here is the code I used: Text(Value(Parent.Default),"[$-en-US](###) ###-####")

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (89,335)