cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Formatting an icon to save the label value (of the same data card) into a collection

I am building an inspection app and do not want to use a dropdown function. I have a screen for each column that would be in the collection. There are screens with text inputs as well. I want the action of pressing "Next" icon to navigate (already figured out) and to save in the collection what that icon was selecting.

TumiBabedi_0-1596359541924.png

I do not know what I have done wrong in the formula. I have selected one show what I mean, hopefully I'm making sense.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Re: Formatting an icon to save the label value (of the same data card) into a collection

@TumiBabedi , Try using your formula like below:

Collect(Inspection, {Building: 'Building 15_Label'.Text}); Navigate('Floor Screen', ScreenTransition.Fade)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it 👍

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Re: Formatting an icon to save the label value (of the same data card) into a collection

Hello,

what are the items of your gallery?

Inside a gallery I would always use ThisItem so your collect would be:

Collect(Inspection, {Building: ThisItem.Building}) // ThisItem.Building assumes that the column of the building label is populated by a column named building in your DataSource.

You could easily collect the whole record

Collect(Inspection, ThisRecord)

I hope this helps.

Best regards

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

@Florian_Kleinz, By looking at the image attached to question, I think user is not using any gallery on the current screen to show the Building labels. So, user has to use 'Building 15_Label'.Text to get the text inside label.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it 👍

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @ganeshsanap,

you are right. Hell of an effort to patch every label individually, but your solution should work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,147)