cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ComputerHabit2
Helper V
Helper V

Formatting object size in app

I'm trying to understand what is the best approach to formatting my app.  What I mean is I find the default size for items to be bulky and fills up the screen so I wanted to have a list of variables I could use to format the size of objects, borders and so on.  I'm not even sure that's the right thing to do but it seems like I want more space so need to adjust all of these settings to get the size I want.  Maybe I'm missing something.

I was thinking of using a Collect statement in OnStart that would contain a table of values for formatting.  Is that the best approach?

5 REPLIES 5
ComputerHabit2
Helper V
Helper V

I'm learning about Components now.  Making a Navigation menu.  The article has the details on adding formatting to it.  That seems like it would be good for formatting the component.  Maybe a Component can be used for formatting the whole app?  

Power Apps Navigation Menu Component - Matthew Devaney

Ugh... Matt's article is helpful but neglects so much I can't get it working.

KajalGupta15
Helper I
Helper I

Hello,

On the right hand side of your screen there is an option of the size where you can choose your size and make component with custom sizes for this follow few steps 

On the right hand side in Properties->Size 

You can set any component size from here like cds values or data card value sizes can be fixed with it ..

I hope it will help you definitely.. 😃😃

I got Matts article on Nav bar component working.  I had trouble because of no mention of the default text (clear) and the default positions(set to 0) for some of the labels.

I'm aware of how to adjust the size of each component.  Really I am trying to understand how I would adjust components globally.  Adjusting the size of each object isn't any good if you want to make all objects the same size.  If you have to change it then you have to touch each component.  I'd think it would be easier to define the size globally and ensure you use those variables as the size.  Same with things like Font.

Now that I'm reading about components I'm wondering if I define a component I could adjust my entire app this way.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,118)