cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MindfulMike
Helper II
Helper II

Formatting percentage not working on Form Edit Mode after amount is changed. Help!

I have an app with a Profit Margin field. 

The On Change is below and formats correctly when someone is submitting a new form:

Set(

varMargin,DataCardValueMargin.Text*1.00&"%")

Now, there is a gallery of past submissions at the start of the app. If someone wanted to look at or change a submission they click on the gallery item and it turns the form to Edit mode and pre-populates the app with the info. 

The Default value for my Margin Field is below and also works. This makes sure that the gallery item comes in as a %.

If(
'MarginForm'.Mode = FormMode.Edit,
(Text(Parent.Default)*100.00&"%"),
varMargin
)

My issue starts here. If a person brings in a previous submission it comes in as a % but when they go to change it, it does not automatically switch to %. How do I manipulate my formula to make that happen?

Being that this app is connected to so many other processes and flows I'd like to avoid changing the set up of my fields on the app and SP and only focus on solutions using formulas. Are there any formulas I can use in the Update or Reset properties? 

Sorry, this is a repost, haven't figured it out since my previous post about this. Thanks in advanced!! 

MindfulMike_0-1654096683185.png

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,554)