cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wilhelm
Frequent Visitor

Formatting text for currency in dollars keep showing pound sign

I am formatting a number as Text(Parent.Default,"[$-en-US]$#,###.00" but it appears as £250,000.00. When I delete the $ sign from the mask (Text(Parent.Default,"[$-en-US]#,###.00"), the £-sign falls away as well.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @Wilhelm 

To specify dollars in your output, you can specify a target language output of US as the 3rd argument.

Text(Parent.Default,
     "[$-en-US]$#,###.00", 
     "en-US"
)

If we omit this, Power Apps uses the locale of the current user, which most likely explains why £ appears for you instead.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Nothing wrong with the formula and the same formula works fine here

Text(Parent.Default,"[$-en-US]$#,###.00")

StalinPonnusamy_0-1626327228826.png

Check your column settings in SP if SP is your data source

StalinPonnusamy_1-1626327287975.png

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Wilhelm,

Could you please tell me that if the column you input is a Number column?

If so, please modify as below:

Text(Value(Parent.Default),"[$-en-US]$#,###.00")
Best Regards,
Qi
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @Wilhelm 

To specify dollars in your output, you can specify a target language output of US as the 3rd argument.

Text(Parent.Default,
     "[$-en-US]$#,###.00", 
     "en-US"
)

If we omit this, Power Apps uses the locale of the current user, which most likely explains why £ appears for you instead.

Thanks, @v-qiaqi-msft - yes, it is number, and I also tried that before, but it makes no difference.

Thanks @StalinPonnusamy for confirming my formula is correct. The only difference was that my SPoint column Currency format was Australia. I changed it to United States, but it made no difference.

When on DetailScreen, the exact same formatting works perfectly, but on EditScreen it changes to Pound.

Wilhelm
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much, @timl ! That did the trick perfectly. (I'm sure I tried that yesterday without success, but it is now fixed. Thank you for bring the magic dust! 😀

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,467)