Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abd3127
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Forms:Assigning a value to a data card

Hello,

I am having a dropdown in my app on screen 1 

Then on screen 2, i am using froms to use custom data cards.

The datacard is LookUp type as my column in SP list is "Choice Column"

Now what i want to do is use the selected value of dropdown from screen 1 and assign it to the LOOKUP in my forms,which is i am able to do by assigning the dropdown value as Default for data card.

There is a Update Property of Data Card which i  need to Set to Update this value in SP list.

Now when i  submit the form it does not use the default value of DataCard ,but it uses the Default value from SP list and inserts it in the SP column.

How can i make this happen?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abd3127,

I think you have noticed that the Choice field is lookup type.

So in order to have the data submitted correctly, we need to change the Default property of the auto-generated lookup control in the following format:

{'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
  Value: Dropdown.Selected.Value}

Doing it in this way should have the default value submitted correctly. Make you you have the Value1 set to Value, in order for this field to display correctly.

6.PNG

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

Can you provide the formula that is being used in the default property of the DataCard on screen2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi @Jeff_Thorpe

I am using value of Dropdown from first screen as default value for lookup card on screen 2

Default=Dropdown.selected
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abd3127,

I think you have noticed that the Choice field is lookup type.

So in order to have the data submitted correctly, we need to change the Default property of the auto-generated lookup control in the following format:

{'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
  Value: Dropdown.Selected.Value}

Doing it in this way should have the default value submitted correctly. Make you you have the Value1 set to Value, in order for this field to display correctly.

6.PNG

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,182)