Did you mean: 
arnonel
Helper IV
Helper IV

Forms, Lookups, Dropdownlists

Capture.PNG

Hi 

See above. 

I have a form. Form has a dropdown list due to field being a lookup to "Client" Entity (Client Entity has 2 fields: ClientID, and ClientName. ClientID is the "Title" field)

The displaytext is the ID - how can I change the dropdownlist display text to be "ClientName", instead of the current "ClientID" ?

60 REPLIES 60

@rgruian - can we get an update please?

2749922-I-DONT-ALWAYS-BUMP-A-THREAD-BUT-WHEN-I-DO-ITS-FOR-GOOD-REASON-STAY-THIRSTY-MY-FRIENDS

Update please?

@rgruian - What is going on - can I get an update please? Its been over 3 weeks since the last update, and months since I raised this critical issue. 

Apologies for the inconvenience. Adding @Vijeta explicitly to provide an update.

Thanks

Murali

Hello Arnonel,

We have added support for showing two fields in the lookup dropdown. Suppose you have an entity called parent and an entity called child with relationship to parent. Please add the field you want to show up in the dropdown to the default lookup field group on parent entity. It should be a text field. Then you can do an app from data on child entity and you should see two fields in the dropdown. Please make sure that the lookup control has display fields property set to 2.

Thanks

It still doesnt work.

I have tested on about 30 different lookups. About 29 dont work, but strangely, 1 does work. 

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Can you please try this for standard entities for example product lookup of Sales Order Line on the edit screen?

Do you see a dropdown like this? Are you facing problem with custom or standard entities?

lookup.png

Custom entities - dont use standard. 

As mentioned above, 1 of them works, but many MANY more dont. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (38,062)