cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srubio24
Frequent Visitor

Forms and Galleries are resetting after Patch, SubmitForm

After the update to version PowerApps 3.18114.25, my forms/galleries are resetting after the first patch/submitform.

The datacard values are set to reset: false.

For fields in galleries, the patch to the first list goes through with the updated text but the second list is patched in with the default value for that field of the gallery.

Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @srubio24,

We will discuss your issue separately.

Firstly, about the SubmitForm function. After you submit the form, will the app navigate to another screen or stay with the same screen? You could check about this in the OnSuccess property of the Form control. By resetting in this part, did you mean that the Form control would show the record that just submitted with newly updated data?

Secondly, about the Patch, I guess that you are use a button control to patch the record from within the screen that holds the Gallery control. If so, did you mean that after selecting the button, the Gallery control would refresh the data and show with the newest version? 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @srubio24,

We will discuss your issue separately.

Firstly, about the SubmitForm function. After you submit the form, will the app navigate to another screen or stay with the same screen? You could check about this in the OnSuccess property of the Form control. By resetting in this part, did you mean that the Form control would show the record that just submitted with newly updated data?

Secondly, about the Patch, I guess that you are use a button control to patch the record from within the screen that holds the Gallery control. If so, did you mean that after selecting the button, the Gallery control would refresh the data and show with the newest version? 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hello @v-monli-msft,

I'm going through the issue you described in the second part of your post but I can't find a way around it.

(I have a gallery reading filtered data and after I patch the records sucessfuly through a button on select function, the gallery resets itselft and displays data from record 1 and no longer the filtered data.)

Is there a solution for this ?

This seems to have come back as soon as version 3.19012.19 came out 2 hours ago. 

Hello,

I get this exact same issue.

This post says its solved but does not actually seem to show a solution?

Did you ever find a solution Marcelo?

nate_halliwell
Advocate I
Advocate I

Okay I'm not sure if anyone else is still having this issue in 2021, but i was, and i think i figured out a solution. Works perfectly for me, and hopefully this post helps others.....

So in the gallery that keeps resetting to no selected items after a successful Patch(), i set the onselect property of all items in the gallery to:

Select(Parent);Set(GallerySelected,ThisItem.uniqueIdentifier)

THEN.... i set the Default property of the Gallery to:

LookUp(DataSource,GallerySelected=uniqueIdentifier,ThisRecord)

Final Step.... the button that is triggering the Patch, at the VERY end of that formula, do this:

Patch(blah blah blah);Reset(Gallery)

Like i said, this is an old issue, but if anyone else experiences it, this workaround works like a charm 🙂 Happy Apping!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (69,674)