cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pquiroga
Frequent Visitor

Forms and flows help!

Hi community

I have developed a list that will capture the information of multiple areas in my firm. I used Power Apps and built a form to make this process more user friendly. The form has three sections and three different users for each section (Section A, B and C and user 1,2 and 3) . I need user 1 to fill out section A of the form. As soon as user 1 completes section A, User 2 needs to receive a notification where user 2 will be prompted to fill out section B. As soon as section B is complete, user 3 will receive a notification to complete section 3 of the form. Can we achieve this with Power Apps? I hope you can help me

3 REPLIES 3
analmei
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @pquiroga , 

To do that, I suggest the addition of a button in each form. The button will call a Power Automate Flow. 

In the Flow logic, use the Notification connector that has 'Send me an email notification' action.

analmei_0-1615564213035.png

Best regards,

Ana Almeida | Power Platform Support Engineer

pquiroga
Frequent Visitor

Hi Ana

Thanks for your answer.  I believe that this might solve my problem. Nevertheless, as I mentioned, we have three different users. As soon as User A finish, user B needs to receive a notification. However,  user B needs the information of user A in order to make a decision. I'm not sure how to achieve this or if I need to use an especial function to recall the information that user A provided. The logic behind that is that each user requires the information that the previous user has completed and submitted. Do you have any idea of how to achieve this?

analmei
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @pquiroga , 

Maybe you can consider to use the Approval connector. 

Create an approval action: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/modern-approvals 

As approval type set as 'Approve/Reject - First to respond' and assign to User B.

This video can help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZnI0_atYUo 

Best regards,

Ana Almeida | Power Platform Support Engineer

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,376)