Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWilding
Advocate I
Advocate I

Forms not appearing

HI, 

I have created a user form to manually create data, but when I run the app, the screen appears blank stating 'No item to display'.

I have mirrored all settings from another app where this works, and even linked the current app to the same data source, but when in preview/live it still appears as a blank page.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
jlarsen81
Helper I
Helper I

If there is no data currently in your data source, then the form will need to be run as a NewForm instead of an EditForm. This can easily be accomplished by creating an Button, and setting its On Select property to NewForm(Form Name). So if your form name was simply Form1, then it would be NewForm(Form1).

v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JWilding,

In addition to the Data Source property, you also need to configure the Item propety of the form control.

After you have specified the Data Source, select the Form control again, you should notice there are hidden cards listed in the right panel of the form control, we need to un-hide them to have the form display the proper fields.

In addition, as form control only works with single record, so if you would like the form control to display with data, you need specify a single record with the Item property, for example:

Item = first(Datasource)

See screenshots:

45.PNG

Please also take a look at the aritcle below, which talking about form controls:

Understand data forms in Microsoft PowerApps

Edit form and Display form controls in PowerApps

If you need any further assistance on this, please post back.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,628)