cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JroderickMP
Frequent Visitor

Formula Error in Component .Y Property

I have a component that suddenly started reporting a formula error. The issue is that the error is on the .Y property of the component, which shouldn't be editable on the component itself. Seems like a bug. Anyone know of a way to clear this error?

12 REPLIES 12
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@JroderickMP 

Check the formula in the Y property for this control.  This error typically occurs when something the formula refers to got deleted.  Its a pretty common error and my hunch is its not a bug with PowerApps.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Right, but the issue is that this error is coming from the component definition itself and not an instance of the component placed on a canvas. I cannot access the Y property of a component when designing a component.

I hope that made sense...

@JroderickMP 

When the little red error appears there are two options when you click on it.

• Take me to the error
  • Show me the error message

Do you have the "take me to the error" option?  If yes, what happens when you click it?

That is what I expected as well, but the using the drop down doesn't take me to the error to fix it. The .Y property should not be editable for the component itself while in the component editor.

@JroderickMP 

Just for the heck of it... can you check all the Y property for all instances where this component is being used in the app?  Maybe there is an error somewhere else in the app (though you are right the error message does not say that).

No luck. I think I will have to re-built it 😕

@JroderickMP 

**bleep**.  I am all out of ideas.

Before you re-build try to export the component and then reimport it.  That's my only other idea.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Good idea - but no luck. I just re-built it from scratch.  Thanks for the help regardless!

@JroderickMP 

Sorry that I wasn't able to help 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,179)