cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishwajitkumar

Formula - Lookup with number field is not working when number contain dot (.) ?

Hi All,

I have a list Called "A" which I have customized in power app form. I have a lookup field which is lookup with a Number field of list "B". On selection on lookup field's value I am fetching the value of other filed of list "B" and its perfectly working fine for me. because for me, lookup field which is lookup with the number is showing to me with comma (ex-8,212) but for other country its showing with dot (ex- 8.212) and it is not working for them. below is the formula:- 

LookUp('Control Master Data', ControlNumber = Value(DataCardValue38.Selected.Value), ControlName)

Control Master Data - is List B   

ControlNumber - is number field in list B 

ControlName - is text field in list B which I am fetching on selection.

for me in lookup field number is showing with comma and working and for them its showing with dot and not working.

Please help.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @vishwajitkumar 

Consider fixing the language format Text(Value(DataCardValue38.Selected.Value),"##.##","en-US")

rubin_boer_1-1612779738754.png

some reference on global-apps : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-text#global-apps

hope it helps

Hi Rubin,

Thank you so much for your reply. But where to pass column name which I want to fetch?

LookUp('Control Master Data', ControlNumber = Text(Value(DataCardValue38.Selected.Value),"##.##","en-US"), ControlName)

I want to fetch "ControlName" field value.

Thanks,

Vishwajit

rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi there @aaaaaaaaaaa you can pass it to a variable. Set(_ControlName, LookUp('Control Master Data', ControlNumber = Text(Value(DataCardValue38.Selected.Value),"##.##","en-US"), ControlName))

Hope it helps

Thank you so much for your reply but here there is no "Set" function. Below is the exact formula I am using

LookUp('Profit centers', 'Profit Center ID'= Text(Value(DataCardValue17.Selected.Value),"[$-en-US]##.##","en-US"),'Profit Center Name')

but getting error:-  Powerapp encountered internal error data type text.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,114)