cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Formula bar evaluations bug

Please see below images - when evaluating my variable conValidUntil in the formula bar, I get 'Invalid Date', but wrapping it in a Text function, there clearly is a date stored in that variable.

Minor annoyance except that I am trying to track down an issue in my App where data is not saving as expected and not being able to trust the formula bar evaluations makes this much harder than it ought to be.

image.png

image.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@PaulD1 

I've noticed that too...usually issues with Dates.  I don't rely on it much, but when it is working it is helpful at times.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!
Highlighted

@RandyHayes thanks for the confirmation that you are seeing similar issues.

I've posted previously about bugs in the formula bar evaluator (especially in relation to logical-test results being evaluated incorrectly when Formula Level Error Management is turned on) and MS staff have said they will escalate and look into them, but clearly many months later this feature is still not reliable. I just find this frustrating as while I find it quick to build Apps in Power Apps, maintenance and tracking down bugs is a very slow and laborious process as the tools are just not there or can't be relied on.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,190)