Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Formula can't load data

Hi All

I have an interesting issue with my application. The scenario is where a user selects an order from the gallery on the left, and the gallery on the right reflects the items in that chosen order. 

This works 99% of the time with the formula I'm using, however, there are some cases where it's not finding the data despite the rows existing in the database. 

I can't seem to wrap my head around why this is happening, and I have tried out a few different combinations and also switched the formula from a Filter to a search, vice versa.

I've attached a screenshot of the application.

The gallery on the left selection arrow: Select(Parent); Set(NewQuoteOrderNumber, ThisItem.OrderNumber)

Gallery on the right

Filter: Filter(IQuote, NewQuoteOrderNumber = OrderNumber)

Search: Search(IQuote, NewQuoteOrderNumber, "OrderNumber")

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Formula can't load data

@AdrianAtEckoo 

Any chance its a delegation issue?  What datasource are you using?  Are you seeing any warnings?  How many records in your datasource?

Also, I'm not sure what going on with Select(Parent) in this code.  What does it do?

Select(Parent); Set(NewQuoteOrderNumber, ThisItem.OrderNumber)

Setting the OrderNumber in a variable might not be necessary either.

Filter(IQuote, NewQuoteOrderNumber = Gallery1.Selected.OrderNumber)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hey @mdevaney 

Don't think it will be delegation issue, the source is an excel database and that particular order isn't longer than 2000 lines.

You can disregard the Select(Parent) as it doesn't do anything but select the row for the Item. So that can be taken out. 

My original code didn't include putting the order number in a variable. 

It was originally Filter(IQuote, OrderNumber = Gallery1.Selected.OrderNumber)

When I realised it wasn't liking it I had changed it to try and use the variable and the search formulas, and that didn't work either. 

I have tried a test where I created the gallery and a search input. I had copied and pasted the Order Number straight into the search box, and the results came up with nothing. Despite the row existing within the database. 

I can upload all the resources if you wish to try it out yourself.

Thanks for the help!

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@AdrianAtEckoo 

Did you remember to increase the delegation limit to 2,000 in advanced settings?

Thank you for the offer to upload resources but I don't think we've gotten to that point yet (also I try not to import files from forum attachments for security reasons ;P)

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hey @mdevaney 

Yes, I've increased the limit to 2000. 

Even if the query doesn't exceed 2000 rows, the issue is still there. 

I'm thinking it could be the app not patching correctly as that is the formula I use to insert the items into the database, and if for some its different then that could be the issue.

Its funny how it works great for most cases, but there will be an odd one where it won't read the data at all and pretends it doesn't exist. 

and thanks for the heads up with uploading files.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,574)