I have an interesting issue with my application. The scenario is where a user selects an order from the gallery on the left, and the gallery on the right reflects the items in that chosen order.
This works 99% of the time with the formula I'm using, however, there are some cases where it's not finding the data despite the rows existing in the database.
I can't seem to wrap my head around why this is happening, and I have tried out a few different combinations and also switched the formula from a Filter to a search, vice versa.
I've attached a screenshot of the application.
The gallery on the left selection arrow: Select(Parent); Set(NewQuoteOrderNumber, ThisItem.OrderNumber)
Gallery on the right
Filter: Filter(IQuote, NewQuoteOrderNumber = OrderNumber)
Search: Search(IQuote, NewQuoteOrderNumber, "OrderNumber")
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Any chance its a delegation issue? What datasource are you using? Are you seeing any warnings? How many records in your datasource?
Also, I'm not sure what going on with Select(Parent) in this code. What does it do?
Select(Parent); Set(NewQuoteOrderNumber, ThisItem.OrderNumber)
Setting the OrderNumber in a variable might not be necessary either.
Filter(IQuote, NewQuoteOrderNumber = Gallery1.Selected.OrderNumber)
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."
Don't think it will be delegation issue, the source is an excel database and that particular order isn't longer than 2000 lines.
You can disregard the Select(Parent) as it doesn't do anything but select the row for the Item. So that can be taken out.
My original code didn't include putting the order number in a variable.
It was originally Filter(IQuote, OrderNumber = Gallery1.Selected.OrderNumber)
When I realised it wasn't liking it I had changed it to try and use the variable and the search formulas, and that didn't work either.
I have tried a test where I created the gallery and a search input. I had copied and pasted the Order Number straight into the search box, and the results came up with nothing. Despite the row existing within the database.
I can upload all the resources if you wish to try it out yourself.
Thanks for the help!
Did you remember to increase the delegation limit to 2,000 in advanced settings?
Thank you for the offer to upload resources but I don't think we've gotten to that point yet (also I try not to import files from forum attachments for security reasons ;P)
Yes, I've increased the limit to 2000.
Even if the query doesn't exceed 2000 rows, the issue is still there.
I'm thinking it could be the app not patching correctly as that is the formula I use to insert the items into the database, and if for some its different then that could be the issue.
Its funny how it works great for most cases, but there will be an odd one where it won't read the data at all and pretends it doesn't exist.
and thanks for the heads up with uploading files.
The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.
Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.
This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.
Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.