cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Formula error - sum values

I havea formulaon my EditScreen which sums the values in 7 fields. It does this fine and worked OK, until I added an 8th field and now it does not work. I have copied the same format in the formula (see screenshot e.g. 4 and below) and named the data field correctly (see screenshot e.g.5). It does not seem to recognise 'Hours_8'. Any idea what I have missed out here?

Text(Value(Hours_1_Value.Text)+Value(Hours_2_value.Text)+Value(Hours_3_value.Text)+Value(Hours_4_value.Text)+Value(Hours_5_Value.Text)+Value(Hours_6_Value.Text)+Value(Hours_7_Value.Text)+Value(Hours_8_value.Text))

5 REPLIES 5
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

The 8th field seems to be named "Hours8", not "Hours_8_value". Perhaps try changing "+Value(Hours_8_value.Text))" to "Value(Hours8.Text))"

While I have renamed the datacard Hours8, the data field is named "Hours_8" as per screenshot

All other card names and data fields have the same format.

I would double check all of your naming just to be sure. Are you receiving an error message?

The error message is:

The function 'Value' has some invalid arguments

Checked all the naming, can't find anything wrong.

When I type in the formula bar just the word 'Hours', it auto populates a list of all entries containing hours, there is an Hours_X_Value for every number except 8 (see attached)

I must have missed something out when I added this last 8th number field separately. 

Anyone any ideas? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,438)