cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinHardy
Level 8

Formula question when displaying decimal points

I have seen previous questions and answers on the forum about this subject but not about an issue I have come across.

Text((ThisItem).Spent,"[$-en-US]£0.00") - This works and displays as £1.20 (This is part of a Browse Gallery)

Text((Parent).Default),"[$-en-US]£0.00") - This doesn't work and displays as 1.2 (This is part of the corresponding DataCard)

Any ideas why? Does the Text function not work with Parent.Default?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Formula question when displaying decimal points

@KevinHardy 

Can you please try something for me?  What happens when you change this formula...

Text(Parent.Default,"[$-en-US]£0.00")

Into this...

Text(Value(Parent.Default),"[$-en-US]£0.00")

I suspect the result will be £1.20.  If this is the case, your gallery is containing a number data type and your form is referencing a text data type inside of a text input control.  Check the property Parent.Default is referencing.  It will probably look like 

DataCardValue.Text

Text inputs always return a text value when referencing the Text property.  That's why we must convert them with the VALUE function.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@KevinHardy 

Can you please try something for me?  What happens when you change this formula...

Text(Parent.Default,"[$-en-US]£0.00")

Into this...

Text(Value(Parent.Default),"[$-en-US]£0.00")

I suspect the result will be £1.20.  If this is the case, your gallery is containing a number data type and your form is referencing a text data type inside of a text input control.  Check the property Parent.Default is referencing.  It will probably look like 

DataCardValue.Text

Text inputs always return a text value when referencing the Text property.  That's why we must convert them with the VALUE function.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

KevinHardy
Level 8

@mdevaney 

Fantastic. Thankyou 🙂  Makes sense now

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,061)