cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Formula question when displaying decimal points

I have seen previous questions and answers on the forum about this subject but not about an issue I have come across.

Text((ThisItem).Spent,"[$-en-US]£0.00") - This works and displays as £1.20 (This is part of a Browse Gallery)

Text((Parent).Default),"[$-en-US]£0.00") - This doesn't work and displays as 1.2 (This is part of the corresponding DataCard)

Any ideas why? Does the Text function not work with Parent.Default?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Formula question when displaying decimal points

@KevinHardy 

Can you please try something for me?  What happens when you change this formula...

Text(Parent.Default,"[$-en-US]£0.00")

Into this...

Text(Value(Parent.Default),"[$-en-US]£0.00")

I suspect the result will be £1.20.  If this is the case, your gallery is containing a number data type and your form is referencing a text data type inside of a text input control.  Check the property Parent.Default is referencing.  It will probably look like 

DataCardValue.Text

Text inputs always return a text value when referencing the Text property.  That's why we must convert them with the VALUE function.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@KevinHardy 

Can you please try something for me?  What happens when you change this formula...

Text(Parent.Default,"[$-en-US]£0.00")

Into this...

Text(Value(Parent.Default),"[$-en-US]£0.00")

I suspect the result will be £1.20.  If this is the case, your gallery is containing a number data type and your form is referencing a text data type inside of a text input control.  Check the property Parent.Default is referencing.  It will probably look like 

DataCardValue.Text

Text inputs always return a text value when referencing the Text property.  That's why we must convert them with the VALUE function.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

@mdevaney 

Fantastic. Thankyou 🙂  Makes sense now

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,737)