cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Freely moving Data Card

Hello everyone!

I'm building a powerapp connected with a sharepoint list.

I'm trying to move the datacard inside my app, in a freely way. This because I have the need to do something similar to:

"Hello, my name is <datacardinput>, it is a pleasure to meet you"

This is just a silly example to explain what I'm trying to achieve.

I already have diabled the new rendering method, but still it seems I'm not able to move those input.

Any way of achieving what I have described above?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Freely moving Data Card

Hi @Ponchia ,

Can you explain more about what you are trying to achieve? Especially about what did you mean by "move data card in a free way". Did you mean that you want the users to be able to move the data cards' order while playing the app? If so, then I do not think this could be achieved. Data Cards can only be moved manually while in design mode.

Or did you mean that you just want to be able to edit the data inside each data cards? If so, then you just need to set the DefaultMode of the Form control to:

FormMode.Edit

And the OnSelect property of the navigation button to navigate to this Form page to:

EditForm(EditForm1);Navigate(EditScreen1, ScreenTransition.None)

Then you would be able to edit all the data cards inside the form. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

I don't know If I understand the issue but here are my thoughts.

You can create a custom datacard and move in front of behind any of the SharePoint datacards that were created. Then inside the custom datacard you can add controls to display data like a label or text box.

If you are trying to modify an existing datacard by adding another control inside it then you first need to go to the advance properties of the datacard and unlock it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ponchia ,

Can you explain more about what you are trying to achieve? Especially about what did you mean by "move data card in a free way". Did you mean that you want the users to be able to move the data cards' order while playing the app? If so, then I do not think this could be achieved. Data Cards can only be moved manually while in design mode.

Or did you mean that you just want to be able to edit the data inside each data cards? If so, then you just need to set the DefaultMode of the Form control to:

FormMode.Edit

And the OnSelect property of the navigation button to navigate to this Form page to:

EditForm(EditForm1);Navigate(EditScreen1, ScreenTransition.None)

Then you would be able to edit all the data cards inside the form. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting in the community @Ponchia - can you review the above replies and advise if they were helpful? 

Thank you,

@Anonymous 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,853)