cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paterson
Frequent Visitor

Frequent logout reports from users

Hello everyone, I'm quite new to this platform and I'm really enjoying developing!

Recently, I've deployed an app in my company that needs to work offline, so I've used SaveData and other things in order to achieve this. It's been working well!

The major problem is that some users (Probably 20%) are reporting that the app will sometimes sign out without any warning while they are doing the field job (Two important details is that the connection is quite bad on field and they're all using tablets with the latest version).

The other one is that I have very few powerapps license to work, so one account is used by 3-4 devices at the same time, could this be related?

But the problem is, they're offline when they're doing their work, so it shouldn't logout while they are there, right? Also, if they switch screens between powerapps and another app, does the powerapp try to get the user authentication again?

I've seen only one post that could be related to mine, but it's from 2017 and I'm really out of ideas of what to do.... Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

I'm just going to say that you shouldn't use a single license for multiple users. This is an abuse of your agreement with Microsoft regarding the licensing of products.

Yes, if the devices are trying to access the same data sources using the same account then there may be issues with authentication as it was not intended to be used this way, and especially not to circumvent licensing.

Is there any way to rebuild your app so that it does not use any licenses and instead relies only on the bundled Power Apps license that comes with nearly all Microsoft365 products?

If you are using premium capacity and can't get around that then I would advise you to buy the correct licenses for the number of People using it, as this is what your company agreed to when licensing with Microsoft.

I say this as a warning because the fine for breaching licensing is a LOT more than the cost of many multiple yearly licenses... and while a Power Apps license may seem costly, the fines can end up being as large as 10% of a company's yearly turnover.

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Paterson
Frequent Visitor

I apologize as I did not recall about this. 

I've stopped the app today.

Thank you for the information.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,135)