cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

From Gallery Details Page -> Navigate to new Screen to add more details to exact record (double save to same record in Sharepoint list)

welcome,

i have a case and i dont know how to manage it.

• we have an added record, stored in SharePoint list
  • we navigate to Gallery Details of this record, read only

2020-02-22 15_33_45-Request Travel Approval - Saved (Unpublished) - Power Apps.png

• then by Button "+" i want to navigate to new screen,
  • New Screen must be connected to this exact record - not done
  • in this details  i am uploading some attachments and save a record - not connected to exact record

2020-02-22 15_37_13-Request Travel Approval - Saved (Unpublished) - Power Apps.png

problem is - i dont know how to make new Screen with relationship to record that was in screen DetailsPage / DetailsForm - so i can update this record. (i need to update same record for second time in just next screen)

thank you for advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: From Gallery Details Page -> Navigate to new Screen to add more details to exact record (double save to same record in Sharepoint list)

@Toms 

How did you get to the details screen in the first place?  Did you browse to it from a gallery?

If yes, put this code in the OnSelect property of your gallery

Set(myCurrentRecord, Gallery1.Selected);
Navigate(your_detail_screen, None);

Use this code in the Item property of your Detail Screen 1

myCurrentRecord

Then use it again in the Item property of your Detail Screen 2

myCurrentRecord

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: From Gallery Details Page -> Navigate to new Screen to add more details to exact record (double save to same record in Sharepoint list)

@Toms 

How did you get to the details screen in the first place?  Did you browse to it from a gallery?

If yes, put this code in the OnSelect property of your gallery

Set(myCurrentRecord, Gallery1.Selected);
Navigate(your_detail_screen, None);

Use this code in the Item property of your Detail Screen 1

myCurrentRecord

Then use it again in the Item property of your Detail Screen 2

myCurrentRecord

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

thanks  

i can tell that your solution worked.

also i found other way how to mange this, i just hard copied EDIT Gallery from one screen to new screen.

in this way i can also save it for second time in new screen - so simple..

maybe you can advise me in one more thing.

Case is:

• on my last save on SharePoint list record - where i add attachments - i press submit button.
  • attachments are added to SP list record

2020-02-23 17_13_05-Request Travel Approval - Saved (Unpublished) - Power Apps.png

• then i would like also on SUBMIT button - to start a flow and SEND this SP record via email
    • i am trying to create a flow, trigger here is COLUMN change (Attachment) - this is my first try working on this

is there a easy way to create a flow when submitting button and pass this SP record data via flow to email?

thanks !

edit:

my solution to this is:

2020-02-23 17_35_54-Power Apps.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,805)