cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toms Helper I
Helper I

From Gallery Details Page -> Navigate to new Screen to add more details to exact record (double save to same record in Sharepoint list)

welcome,

i have a case and i dont know how to manage it.

• we have an added record, stored in SharePoint list
  • we navigate to Gallery Details of this record, read only

2020-02-22 15_33_45-Request Travel Approval - Saved (Unpublished) - Power Apps.png

• then by Button "+" i want to navigate to new screen,
  • New Screen must be connected to this exact record - not done
  • in this details  i am uploading some attachments and save a record - not connected to exact record

2020-02-22 15_37_13-Request Travel Approval - Saved (Unpublished) - Power Apps.png

problem is - i dont know how to make new Screen with relationship to record that was in screen DetailsPage / DetailsForm - so i can update this record. (i need to update same record for second time in just next screen)

thank you for advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: From Gallery Details Page -> Navigate to new Screen to add more details to exact record (double save to same record in Sharepoint list)

@Toms 

How did you get to the details screen in the first place?  Did you browse to it from a gallery?

If yes, put this code in the OnSelect property of your gallery

Set(myCurrentRecord, Gallery1.Selected);
Navigate(your_detail_screen, None);

Use this code in the Item property of your Detail Screen 1

myCurrentRecord

Then use it again in the Item property of your Detail Screen 2

myCurrentRecord

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: From Gallery Details Page -> Navigate to new Screen to add more details to exact record (double save to same record in Sharepoint list)

@Toms 

How did you get to the details screen in the first place?  Did you browse to it from a gallery?

If yes, put this code in the OnSelect property of your gallery

Set(myCurrentRecord, Gallery1.Selected);
Navigate(your_detail_screen, None);

Use this code in the Item property of your Detail Screen 1

myCurrentRecord

Then use it again in the Item property of your Detail Screen 2

myCurrentRecord

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Toms Helper I
Helper I

thanks  

i can tell that your solution worked.

also i found other way how to mange this, i just hard copied EDIT Gallery from one screen to new screen.

in this way i can also save it for second time in new screen - so simple..

maybe you can advise me in one more thing.

Case is:

• on my last save on SharePoint list record - where i add attachments - i press submit button.
  • attachments are added to SP list record

2020-02-23 17_13_05-Request Travel Approval - Saved (Unpublished) - Power Apps.png

• then i would like also on SUBMIT button - to start a flow and SEND this SP record via email
    • i am trying to create a flow, trigger here is COLUMN change (Attachment) - this is my first try working on this

is there a easy way to create a flow when submitting button and pass this SP record data via flow to email?

thanks !

edit:

my solution to this is:

2020-02-23 17_35_54-Power Apps.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,917)