cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HamidBee
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

From your experience how accurate or reliable is the business card reader AI model?

From your experience how accurate or reliable is the business card reader AI model?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sundeep_Malik
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @HamidBee 

According to my experience, the business card is pretty accurate. I have used Business Card in both Canvas and Model Driven Apps. For most of the business cards it was able to extract almost every field I needed. For a few cards that were a lot fancy and different it was not able to extract all the fields properly and definitely as @cha_cha said, the clarity of the image will also matter a lot. 

In my case the things I used to extract were Company Name, contact's first name, email address and Business Phone and in most cases it was able to extract these. 

You should first test it for the business cards you get regularly and then decide if you really want it or not. But from my side its a Green Light. 🙂

I hope this helps. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cha_cha
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hello @HamidBee 

It's accurate for fairly readable content. On images that are blurry, still acceptable.

Please check the licensing requirement here, it's one factor that I did not pursue using it yet.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/ai-builder/administer-licensing

Just in case you my answer helped you solve your problem, please mark/accept this as a SOLUTION This helps community members if they experience a similar issue in the future.

bistek.space   @cha_bistek    @BisTekSpace 
Sundeep_Malik
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @HamidBee 

According to my experience, the business card is pretty accurate. I have used Business Card in both Canvas and Model Driven Apps. For most of the business cards it was able to extract almost every field I needed. For a few cards that were a lot fancy and different it was not able to extract all the fields properly and definitely as @cha_cha said, the clarity of the image will also matter a lot. 

In my case the things I used to extract were Company Name, contact's first name, email address and Business Phone and in most cases it was able to extract these. 

You should first test it for the business cards you get regularly and then decide if you really want it or not. But from my side its a Green Light. 🙂

I hope this helps. 🙂

Thanks for replying. 

For a few cards that were a lot fancy and different it was not able to extract all the fields properly.

How do you approach this problem?. Also, do you use the pre built business card reader model or do you create your own custom one?. 

You should first test it for the business cards you get regularly and then decide if you really want it or not. 

This could be a little difficult to do. We work with various clients and get all sorts of business cards. Is it possible for you to share an image of a business card that AI builder struggles to read?.

Thank you.

Sundeep_Malik
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @HamidBee 

How do you approach this problem?. Also, do you use the pre built business card reader model or do you create your own custom one?. 

-> So, at that time I had used pre built model only, because all business cards different. Some have phone numbers at different positions some have company name at the center, some at the top. So, making a custom model will be really difficult. 

This could be a little difficult to do. We work with various clients and get all sorts of business cards. Is it possible for you to share an image of a business card that AI builder struggles to read?

-> So, I worked on this on the client laptop, it had all the data. Now, I am working for a new client so I dont have the training set with me currently. But, I will still mail the client to send me the test training data. But, I am sure(90% possibility), that they will say no. I will keep you informed. 

Hi @Sundeep_Malik,

Thank you for your response. I understand that using a prebuilt business card reader model can be more convenient and flexible, as it can handle a wider range of business card designs without the need to create a custom model. However, if we can get hold of a sample of those complicated business cards that the AI builder struggles to read, we could potentially improve the performance of the prebuilt model by fine-tuning it on this specific data. This would allow the model to better handle the types of business cards that it struggles with, improving its overall accuracy. Thanks for trying to contact your client. It's okay if they say no. I can try to use Google to find an image. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,910)