cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dorinda
Super User
Super User

Full Name versus Display Name issues

I know the proper way to verify a user is to use the Email address and I do that, however, when using Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:cmb_Employee.SearchText}) It is using the Display name, however when you use User() it is using Full Name.

How can I can use this as I have records tied to a People picker in SharePoint, but now I have it displaying two different things.  For instance Judy Smith is displaying as Judith Smith.  Everything in our systems shows as Judy except when using User() it uses Full Name and that is Judith not Judy.  I need Judy.

How can I fix this?

1 REPLY 1
Manan-Malhotra
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

I am not sure, If I understand the issue correctly, a screenshot would be appreciated.
However, I know a way where you can remove sharepoint dependency completely
Hope this will be of some help, with this you will be able to display any name be it display name or full name in a combo box, and it will show the user based on whats typed in search of comboBox

MananMalhotra_1-1668534697467.png

userprinciplename is for email, you can replace it with other things, dot operation might not give any suggestions so please just type it anyways

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,194)