cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Full Screen Calendar and Sub Gallery Entries

I am having a hard time making a calendar in power apps that would leave enough room to add sub gallery project items to particular days based on launch date.

I am able to connect a power apps calendar to a SharePoint list and I am able to add the sub menu, but I am not able to make the calendar full screen and sync up the sub gallery to display certain project items from the same list.

This is the best example I could find that relates to what I am trying to create. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

https://youtu.be/5oKHN57W_i8?t=269

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured it out:) Create a vertical gallery and give it the properties of the built in calendar. Bobs your uncle:)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share a bit more about your Calendar screen that you made?

Do you want to make your Calendar displayed in full screen?

If you wan to make your Calendar displayed in full screen, you could consider configure your app in a Tablet Layout, and then set the Width property of the Outer Calendar Gallery to following:

App.Width

You could consider configure your Calendar screen as a Responsive Layout screen, please refer to the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/create-responsive-layout

If you want to display the corresponding events (from same SP Calendar List) for current day in your Sub Gallery, please consider set the Items property of the Sub Gallery (nested Gallery) to following:

Filter('Calendar List', DateValue(Text('Start Time')) = DateValue(Text(ThisItem.DateValue)))

Note: The DateValue represents the column value in your Outer Gallery, which display the date value. e.g. 2/27/2020, 2/28/2020, ....

In order to only display the Day value within your Outer Gallery, you could use the following formula:

Day(ThisItem.DateValue)

You also need to add a Timer control in your screen to refresh your Calendar List in a specific internals, e.g. refresh Calendar List data source every 5 seconds. Set the Duration property to following:

set the AutoStart and Repeat property to following:

true

set the OnTimerEnd property to following:

Refresh('Calendar List')

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

I cannot get the calendar to appear like this. I am hoping to have project information appear in the box that users can click to get more detail. Stumped. I figured the hard part would be adding sub menu info but I can't even get my calendar large enough to hold the info:(

How the heck do I get the calendar to have this look? Is this an example of a custom created calendar? How do I get the bog square box look with plenty of room like below?

Calendar.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured it out:) Create a vertical gallery and give it the properties of the built in calendar. Bobs your uncle:)

View solution in original post

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved your problem and the solution I provided above is helpful in your scenario, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Check out the Power Apps Community Call for January 2021

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,448)