cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RhysJWA
Frequent Visitor

Function Value not updating Field Value

Hi There, 

I have an issue where my functions Value is not reflected in the Field it is supposed to update. I am trying to drive the height of a gallery by the the number of entries that meet filter requirements from SharePoint (see attached image). I have searched for an answer but unfortunately no luck so far, I am hoping someone smarter than me may be able to help?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks @WarrenBelz 

I originally built the app based off this video, but had to split my GroupBy to insert another data source. I have now unnested all the galleries and they seem to be working. Strange how it wasn't updating the value based on the function calculation though....

Rhys

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @RhysJWA ,

Have a look at the Flexible Height Gallery - here is a good video from Paul O'Flaherty on the subject.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Thanks @WarrenBelz 

I originally built the app based off this video, but had to split my GroupBy to insert another data source. I have now unnested all the galleries and they seem to be working. Strange how it wasn't updating the value based on the function calculation though....

Rhys

No problems @RhysJWA ,

I also had a look at your formula which appears sound, but I have seen a couple of other posts of object dimension and positions not "updating on the fly" as you would think they should, especially when the calculations get more complex, hence the referral to the flexible height item.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,940)