cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Function search and dropdownlist filter in inner join table to Gallery; Powerapps

Hello, good morning or good afternoon, I need help, I have two tables, with PK and FK respectively, to make an "INNER JOIN", then show the data in a Gallery. Then perform the search function with a textinput and add a filter with a drop-down list.

All this so that the data shown in the gallery can be filtered dynamically according to what you write in the textinput and / or what you select in the drop-down list.

My question is: can I do it? ....... Because I tried different ways to do it, but it has not worked for me in any way.

I just need a way to do it or someone to be so good to guide me in what way I could do it, since I'm new to Powerapps and I don't understand many functions or ways of programming in this environment.

THANKS!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Function search and dropdownlist filter in inner join table to Gallery; Powerapps

Hi @Anonymous 

You could try using the GroupBy() function. on the table with the FK.  see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-groupby.  This would create a subtable for each PK.  You would then create a gallery and subgallery.  You would populate the gallery with data from your PK table using the Lookup() function based on the PK.  You would filter the gallery based on a dropdown or textinput control.  You would shape your subtable to display the data using the table shaping functions AddColumns(), DropColumns(), RenameColumns() and ShowColumns().  see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-table-shaping  Check out the examples in the documentation referenced to see if that will give you the results you are trying to acheive. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,866)