Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danny_L
Helper III
Helper III

Function stopped working

Hey all,

I have a Sum and Filter function on one of my data cards that all of a sudden stopped working. It was working this morning.

Basically what it does is it will search through my data source (Excel File on OneDrive) and looks for:

Qty Completed based on Work Order. Our end users will work on a work order at different times of the day and I added this so that they know how many have already been done. Here is the code:

Sum(Filter(Mechanical, Work_x0020_Order_x0020__x0023_ = DataCardValue5.Text),Value(Qty_x0020_Completed))

It was populating this morning and now it is not. No clue why. Anyone have any thoughts??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Talked to MS. My formula was incorrect. I had to change it to this:

Sum(Filter(Mechanical, 'Work Order #' = DataCardValue5.Text),Value('Total Qty.'))

Instead of Total Qty, I had Qty Completed as I thought the value would be populated there which is why I chose it. Once I made that change, it worked. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Danny_L 
Can you try refreshing the datasource?  Or deleting/re-adding the connector?

Did the permissions change? (Go-check, don't just assume).  Any errors or warnings?

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Refreshed - no change

deleted/readded - no change

checked permissions - all the same

no errors anywhere

Weird!

@Danny_L 
If you start a blank app and try it again from scratch does it work?

Created a new app and it still does not work. 

Talked to MS. My formula was incorrect. I had to change it to this:

Sum(Filter(Mechanical, 'Work Order #' = DataCardValue5.Text),Value('Total Qty.'))

Instead of Total Qty, I had Qty Completed as I thought the value would be populated there which is why I chose it. Once I made that change, it worked. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,113)