cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ling11
Regular Visitor

Functions work fine on PC but not working on mobile version or other PCs

I have created a simple app with one drive for business as data source to calculate price, all excel files and images are saved on one drive. Few of fields in this app are set with calculation formula. i.e. click button to give sum of two fields etc. they work fine on my own PC, but do not work on mobile version or other PC. Can anyone help on this?

Thanks

Ling

13 REPLIES 13
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Ling11 

Can you give some information on any errors your seeing, or any formulas that appear to not be working?

You mention the app does not work on mobile or other PC. Does this mean that it fails in design mode on another PC, or that it fails in Play mode on another PC?

You might need to build up a parallel app to try and identify the issue.  That would be about starting one from scratch, start adding bits an pieces of your original app and publishing and testing until you get to a point where things seem to fail.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

Hi i created a button to do sum of values of two data card. i.e. property of button set as datacardvalue2+datacardvalue4. when i play the app on my pc, it gives me results of sum. but when i play app on my mobile, there is no results appears or error message just blank.

@Ling11 

From the explanation, it sounds like there might be an issue with your formula.

You will want to make sure you are referencing the appropriate property of the datacardvalue control and not just the datacardvalue by itself.

For example, if you have two datacards that reference text columns, then you will have two controls in them named  DataCardValue with a corresponding number (let's assume 2 and 4).  If they are text, you will want to set your formula as follows :   Value(DataCardValue2.Text) + Value(DataCardValue4.Text)

I have seen in the designer that referencing the DataCardValue without it's appropriate property will sometimes work, but it is in error and will cause issues as Play time.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Hi Thanks for your quick reply. Datacardvalue are all set as text. And i have changed the formula as you suggested, but still not working on mobile version, just gives all results as zero. also the images dont show on mobile version either.

@Ling11 

Can you share more about your formula and perhaps any screenshots of what you see going on?

As a troubleshooting technique, you can also try to put a label on your screen and set the Text property to DataCardValuex.Text  (replace x with one of the numbers from one of the controls you are trying to get).

Then save, publish, update and look on the mobile version to see if there is a value there.  

If you have a value in the datacardvalue control, then you will have one in the label.

But, do share the formula and any other information so as to assist.

Hi @Ling11 ,

Could you please share a screenshot about your app's configuration?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Add a Label control within your app, set the Text property to following:

Sum(DataCardValue2.Text, DataCardValue4.Text)

Also please consider take a try to turn off the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-load your app, check if the issue is solved.

In addition, please also check if the version of PowerApps Mobile App in your Mobile device is the latest version, if not, please consider upgrade it to the latest version firstly, then try it again, check if the issue is solved.

Bets regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Thanks for you reply. I changed my data type of few columns that have numbers, i noticed that where the numbers have currency symbols in front doesnt work.The fields with simply formula works fine on both PC and mobile. but if i use Roundup or simply add "$" & to set the properties, it doesnt work on mobile, only works on PC.

also I have set a field with very complicated formula, it works fine on PC but not on mobile. the formula as below.

(((Value(DataCardValue16.Text)+Value(DataCardValue30.Text))*(1+Value(DataCardValue10.Text))+Value(DataCardValue11.Text)+Value(DataCardValue24.Text))/Value(DataCardValue9.Text))/(1-Value(DataCardValue15.Text))

another issue is the images dont show on mobile version.

thanks

Hi I did few changes and get rid of "Roundup" and "$" & in the property label. it seems works fine on both PC and mobile. but i need the results display as $400.78. but if i use roundup or "$" & format, it doesnt work on mobile. any suggestions? thanks

@Ling11 

Can you share the formula you are using for your label with the "$" ?

You should be using the Text function to do currency formatting:

Text(yourValue, "$#,##0.00")

As for the formula for the multiple datacard calculations - is it at all possible that any of the last couple divisors are resulting in 0?  If so, then you will be dividing by 0 - which is an error.

You might want to wrap that formula in an IfError function to catch any such illegal operations.

EDIT: In regard to the IfError function - you need to turn on "Formula-Level Error Management" in the app settings for that to catch an illegal operation...forgot to mention that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Apps User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (58,161)