Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

GDPR content on my apps ?

Hi, 

I created a apps for my company in which I retrieve information about employees. Name/firstname + some information.

Do I need to display a GDPR consent when starting the app?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@ALP1 

What is GDPR Consent? are you referring to the permissions popup for the first time users? 

If you want to bypass the permissions popup, you can do it with Power Shell but Global Admin can only do it:

https://www.o365dude.com/2019/01/06/bypass-consent-pop-ups-in-powerapps/

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @ALP1 

Can you clarify exactly the GDPR consent message that you intend to display?

In terms of data protection, the usual thing to do is to request consent from the employee at the time when you collect the data, not at the time when you display the details through an app.

If it is necessary for you to process this employee data in order for you to fulfil your obligations as an employer (eg, payroll), that consent is usually implied.

In general, I would say it is not necessary to display a consent message and I have never seen messages of this nature in the internal systems that I have worked on.

Just to cover myself, I am not a lawyer and what I say here is my opinion, and not legal advice.

Highlighted

Thank you.

The consent message is very long and it's in french. Very annoying.

I have a meeting the next week with a lawyer with the GDPR manager of my company

But according to him, I would have to post a message at the start of the application.

I asked Microsoft France also how they do it internally.

I'll come back to you as soon as I know more

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@ALP1 
Thanks for the reply. Seeking advice from a lawyer sounds like the best thing to do.

It would be interesting to see what his reply is because it could be applicable to lots of people here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,564)