Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jagadeeshk
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

GPS

I'm using location function and facing beliw problem, 

When i open the app and GPS is in off then no coordinates being fetched. And even if turn GPS ON without closing powerapp its not fetching any data. The data being fetched only when the GPS is On before opening powerapp.  Any solution?

2 REPLIES 2
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

This sounds more like an issue specific to the operating system on the mobile device rather than Power Apps. If Power Apps does not have the necessary permissions, it is unable to get any positions from the OS.

Check your OS for settings related to your GPS app and see if positions are enabled "Only while using this app". If so, try changing it to "always on" or "always available". Power Apps itself is not able to change the OS setting.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @Jagadeeshk 

Unfortunately, this is a long-standing issue and I'm not sure if there's any simple work around.

A typical solution is to navigate the user to a webpage by calling the launch function. This could be a static webpage that prompts the user to return to Power Apps. When Power Apps resumes, the location values should become available.

There are more details in the post here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Location-check/td-p/22994

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,062)