cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Galery only displays 9 of 11 records

I have a canvas app and on one screen I have a datepicker and a gallery displaying items from a SharePoint list.  I'm using the gallery.layout Title, subtitle, and body template.  I have a FILTER on the gallery using the selected date from the datepicker to limit results from SharePoint.  The SharePoint list is used for IT OnCall personnel and the date is used to limit the results to a calendar date.  The results I see in the app are correct when compared to SharePoint, except I only see 9 records displayed in the gallery and the results should be 11.  I have increased the Advanced Setting 'Data Row Limit' from the default 500 to 2000 and see no difference.  I see no scrollbar and cannot seem to see the additional two records.  I have confirmed the ShowScrollbar is set to true.   Rather new to PowerApps so I'm lost on what I did wrong.

Dale

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Thank you all for your feedback.  This turned out to be a NOB mistake from what I can tell.  When I created the screen to display the gallery on I did not use the correct screen layout to start with.  When I added the new screen I originally selected the 'Blank' template instead of the 'Scrollable' template because I didn't want a search function since I had the Date filter.  When I moved all my functions over to a new screen using the Scrollable template I was able to display all 11 records with a scroll bar.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@dmenken 

A few questions for you

• Can you please share your code for the Items property of the gallery?
  • How many records in the SharePoint list?
  • Are any errors or warnings showing?
  • Is it possible to provide a screenshot of your app?

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

If the records that are not showing are outside of the first 2,000 records in the list then they won't show.  Filtering by date is a non-delegable function, so it will only filter the records up to the Data Row limit.  For example, if the data row limit is set to 2,000 and you have 3,000 records in the list it will only filter the first 2,000.  Any records in the final 1,000 will be ignored unless you are using a delegable function.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted

Thank you all for your feedback.  This turned out to be a NOB mistake from what I can tell.  When I created the screen to display the gallery on I did not use the correct screen layout to start with.  When I added the new screen I originally selected the 'Blank' template instead of the 'Scrollable' template because I didn't want a search function since I had the Date filter.  When I moved all my functions over to a new screen using the Scrollable template I was able to display all 11 records with a scroll bar.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,828)