cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomsonbridge
Level: Power Up

Gallery Basics stage in Power Apps Training App

Hi, I am having trouble with the 'Gallery Basics' stage of the training app in Power Apps. Once I input "Contacts" into the Gallery it just remains blank and does not load any contacts. I am using One Drive as the source of my 'Contacts' as it was preset within the app, however, I am unsure if I should be using something else; as I can't put any contacts into One Drive.

If anyone has experienced this before or know a solution please help out!

3 REPLIES 3
Merlijn
Level 8

Re: Gallery Basics stage in Power Apps Training App

I don't see an error, so the gallery is reading the source. Are there any records in the Contact?

SkiDK
Level 8

When it is blank, does a few blank items appear in the gallery, or is it just like one blank space?

It depends about what you want to use your application for. If you want to be able to add contacts, then One Drive isn't a very good source. If you just want to show them, it should be fine. It's there for a reason.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @thomsonbridge ,

Do you create a canvas app based on the "PowerApps Training" template app?

Have you click "Make own my app" button within this tempate app to create your own app?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think you have something misunderstanding with the "Contacts" table of OneDrive data source in this template app.

Actually, the "Contacts" table of OneDrive data source is an embedded data source within this template app. In default, there is no records existed within it. In order to populate the "Contacts" table with proper records, please consider take a try with the following steps:

1. Click "Make own my app" button within this template app, then choose a cloud storage (e.g. OneDrive for Business, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc) to store the embedded business data, then click "Done":4.JPG

2. After re-loading your app, go to the "Gallery basics" screen, set the Items property of the Gallery1 to following:

Contacts

the Gallery would be populated as following:5.JPG

Actually, the embedded Business data "Contacts" has been stored in your cloud storage, which you choose in Step 1. I assume that you choose OneDrive for Business/OneDrive to store the embedded Business data, please go to your OneDrive for Business/OneDrive, then find "PowerApps" folder in root path, then go into "PowerApps"-> "Templates"-> "PowerAppsTraining_6b84c277-xxxx-4221-xxxx-55e0e737ce94", then you will find a data.xlsx Excel file within it.6.JPG

then open the data.xlsx Excel file, the pre-populated contacts records would be shown within the Contacts sheet as below:7.JPG

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,541)