Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KickingApps
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Gallery Challenge #2 - Random photos in gallery

@h-nagao @wyotim

Another gallery challenge for you if you are interested.  I have photos in Azure blob storage.  They are named in this fomat:

2018_CoutryCode(US, JP, BC...)_City(Tokyo)_Location(Asakusa1, Asakusa 2, etc).  In my app, I would like to pull in random pics based on the location selected by the user.  So, if a user selects Japan, 2018, the pictures would be displayed, randomly sized, in a gallery (as seen in image below.)  Ideally, it would be nice if they could 'flip' through the gallery or refresh to see all photos for that time and location.  Possible?

image.pngimage.png

15 REPLIES 15

@KickingApps, that looks sooooo good!!

@KickingApps, I can't wait to see an explanation of the math used in your HTML textbox. 🤓

Coming soon; adding a filter and will post formulas.
. In the meantime, check out video on my twitter account @tianaranjo of integrating dropdown to control number of columns.
And, Mr. Dang - I think you’ll be shocked at the very little math involved.

Hi tianaranjo,
Just found your HTML solution to show images from Blob Stotage. 
Where can I find your detailed explanation?
Thnx, Lex

@uiterlex -let me see what I can put together for you. I have moved from Blob Storage to SharePoint but hopefully it will still meet your needs.  There are also a couple of bugs I've been trying to work around; I'll try to resolve those before sending over.

Thanks.

@KickingApps  Thanks for trying. We are using Blob for images, but this won't make the difference in showing, I guess? Gr. Lex

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,247)