Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tzavertnik
Advocate I
Advocate I

Gallery Checklist

Newbe to PowerApps

I have created a vertical gallery to display a checklist which contains data from a SharePoint list. The value that can be displayed can have up to 250 characters. I was able to have the height for the value be dynamic by calucuating the number of lines needed based on the length of the value. However, when running the app in preview the text overlaps with the other values. 

It appears that the TemplateSize is the value. Is there a way to have that be flexible? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Screenshot of text bleeding overScreenshot of text bleeding over

4 REPLIES 4
Meneghino
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, please see here if helps: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-560-update/, it shows how to implement in a gallery

Snappier HTML control with AutoHeight text property

HTML Text control can auto resize the height depending on the length of the text. This is huge improvement over the current control where the control size is fixed and can cause the content to be chopped. To use this feature, simply set AutoHeight to true in the HTML Text control.

I think a normal text box also has this property: 

AutoHeight – Whether a text box automatically increases its Height property if its Text property contains more characters than the control can show at one time. Applies to the Text box control

Please let me know if this works. 

Menrghino - 

Thank you for the suggestion. I have implemented it in my solution but the issue still exists.

PowerQuestionsIssueSS#2.PNG

I believe the issue is being caused because of the TemplateSize parameter associated with the Gallery. It appears that this has to have a value. I have tried Auto and true and it collapses the section and all of the text is on top of each other. I am not sure if there is a way to perform a calculation on how big the template should be based on the content that needs to be presented. That is going to be my next test.

Hi tzavertnik,

Apologize for the late response.

What is your current situation?

The AutoHeight properity in TextBox within the Gallery won't auto increase the height of the Gallery, and currently I can't find a way available to calculate the height based on the auto-generated height and the other text box height values.

Additionaly, the autoHeight is enabled by defualt in the item details screen. Would it be convenient for the users to check into the details if they would like to see the full contents?

Also there is another thread talking about this, please check and see if this would help:

AutoHeight combined with visibility not working correctly

I think we should submit an idea on this topic, once there is any text box insider the gallery enabled the autoheight, then change the templateSize value (or the other properity which is associated with the height) of gallery.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
hpkeong
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi

I have attempted before like @tzartnik, hoping that changes (autoheight) of textboxes will automatically increase the Gallery Template Size based on no of textbox but in vain.

I found that,
- there is a limitation of the gallery height
- textbox will overlaps.

Hence, I decided to generate a Pagination Features, so that, the Gallery will be fill up of the exact no of textbox, and then page up and page down to view.

If this may help, you can refer to my Useful Features of PowerApps - Pagination.

Hopefully this can temporarily ease your work while awaiting better ideas or improvement to Powerapps.

Have a nice day.
hpkeong

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (28,508)