cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rabbanisyed
Helper V
Helper V

Gallery Control Record limitation

Gallery control works differently when you have Sharepoint List, it load all the records when configured so with enabling scrollbars, when i change the data source to EXCEL Gallery wont load more than 100 records, very strange.

in my app i wanted to retrive the distribution members from the selected distribution it works but only loads 100 records my collection formula is

ClearCollect(GetDLMembers,
Office365Groups.ListGroupMembers(Grouplist.Selected.ObjectId).value,
{'$top':999}

)

also i do not now to raise the issues with microsoft, that why iam writing to community, hoping some help will get from the community

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The issue is resolved... 

I got the results after struggling hours my syntaxt was wrong i used the following

ClearCollect(GetDlMembers,
Office365Groups.ListGroupMembers(Grouplist.Selected.ObjectId,{'$top':900}).value)

thanks for the time and response..  the people icon may call the collection and load the members if you look at bottom i have exact numbers 213 at both side one id from the o365 and other from the gallery ,

Rabbanisyed_0-1627494630653.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Rabbanisyed ,

Gallery loads records in batches of 100 (optimized loading).

If you scroll down to last gallery item, it will load the next batch of 100 records.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Hi Reza bhai,  my group has actually 769 members but gallery loads only 100 even after scroll bars and navigation is enabled, if you look at my question gallery behaviour is different with each data source its my guess as i have played arround this and came to know, my collection syntax  $top:999 records is that correct. its very irritating  

scrolling down is not at all loading, if i change the datasource to SP it works great when i change to Excel it wont. i did not find any document stating the behaviour of gallery with different datas sources.

in my case i using a collection to load the gallery a shown above, thanks for your time to response, and seek your suggesstions on this

Rabbanisyed_0-1627393336917.png

The issue is resolved... 

I got the results after struggling hours my syntaxt was wrong i used the following

ClearCollect(GetDlMembers,
Office365Groups.ListGroupMembers(Grouplist.Selected.ObjectId,{'$top':900}).value)

thanks for the time and response..  the people icon may call the collection and load the members if you look at bottom i have exact numbers 213 at both side one id from the o365 and other from the gallery ,

Rabbanisyed_0-1627494630653.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,177)