Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aydeedglz
Helper I
Helper I

Gallery Display Format

Hi,

I am making an app with the JSON format, and I inserted a gallery to see my results. The problem is the way it is displayed, is it a way to Display the data in a friendly or professional way? Seeing maybe the title of the report and name... and once clicking on it, we can see more detail. Here I am attaching the examples. 

Thanks! If someone knows please help meeee!!

Gallery:

Aydeedglz_0-1660845984678.png

[{"Choices":"NA","ColumnType":{"Value":"Text"},"Data":"","Required":true,"Title":"Requester Name"},{"Choices":"NA","ColumnType":{"Value":"Text"},"Data":"","Required":true,"Title":"Department "},{"Choices":"NA","ColumnType":{"Value":"Text"},"Data":"","Required":true,"Title":"Supervisor "},{"Choices":"NA","ColumnType":{"Value":"Text"},"Data":"","Required":true,"Title":"Email"},{"Choices":"NA","ColumnType":{"Value":"Text"},"Data":"","Required":true,"Title":"Report Description"},{"Choices":"EMEA;APAC;NAFTA;LATAM","ColumnType":{"Value":"Choice"},"Data":null,"Required":true,"Title":"Region"},{"Choices":"NA","ColumnType":{"Value":"Text"},"Data":"","Required":true,"Title":"Data Source"},{"Choices":"NA","ColumnType":{"Value":"Number"},"Data":"","Required":true,"Title":"Refresh Frequency"},{"Choices":"NA","ColumnType":{"Value":"Text"},"Data":"","Required":true,"Title":"List of Users"},{"Choices":"NA","ColumnType":{"Value":"Text"},"Data":"","Required":true,"Title":"List of Fields "},{"Choices":"NA","ColumnType":{"Value":"Text"},"Data":"","Required":true,"Title":"Measures and filters"},{"Choices":"NA","ColumnType":{"Value":"Date"},"Data":"8/17/2022","Required":true,"Title":"Date of release "},{"Choices":"NA","ColumnType":{"Value":"Text"},"Data":"","Required":false,"Title":"Examples or attachments "}]

Where the data if uploaded 

Aydeedglz_1-1660846044011.png

Jason Code:

ClearCollect(colSubmit,colFormatTemplate);
ClearCollect(colGalData,Gallery2.AllItems);
ForAll(
colGalData,
UpdateIf(
colSubmit,
Title = colGalData[@Title],
{
Data: Switch(
ThisRecord.ColumnType.Value,
"Text",TextBox.Text,
"Number",NumberInput.Text,
"Yes/No",Toggle1.Value,
"Date",DatePicker1.SelectedDate,
"Choice",Dropdown1.Selected.Result
)
}
)
);
Patch('Report Request App - Form Results_1',Defaults('Report Request App - Form Results_1'),{Title:User().FullName,Result:JSON(colSubmit,JSONFormat.Compact)});
Navigate('Initial Screen')

Share Point:

Aydeedglz_2-1660846210206.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aydeedglz
Helper I
Helper I

I have already found the solution to this, I erased the text format in the gallery and inserted a HTMLTEXT instead, then I used this code, inside HtmlText:

Aydeedglz_0-1660932719663.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Aydeedglz 

You can convert a table/record to JSON in PowerApps, but you cannot use a function to convert it from JSON back to a record.  For that, you will need to parse the text and build your own record/table from it.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
Aydeedglz
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, 

Using a the match function and writting the format of the JSON in the share point is possible to bring the information, but there is a problem in my code, Power Apps is not telling me where, but I se the warning sign in my button. The port in bold is the one that is not working, and I can't figure why...

ClearCollect(colSubmit,colFormatTemplate);

ClearCollect(colGalData,galForm.AllItems);

ForAll(

colGalData,

UpdateIf(

colSubmit,

Title = colGalData[@Title],

{

Data: Switch(

ThisRecord.ColumnType.Value,

"Text",TextBox.Text,

"Number",NumberInput.Text,

"Yes/No",Toggle1.Value,

"Date",DatePicker1.SelectedDate,

"Choice",Dropdown1.Selected.Result

)

}

)

);

If(

!IsBlank(LookUp(colSubmit,Required = "Yes" && IsBlank(Data))),

Notify("Fill required fields",NotificationType.Error,3000),

Patch('Report Request App - Form Results_1',varItem,

{

Title: LookUp(colSubmit,Title = "Requester Name").Data,

Result: JSON(colSubmit,Compact),

Email: Value(LookUp(colSubmit,Title = "Email").Data),

Supervisor: LookUp(colSubmit,Title = "Supervisor").Data,

Region: LookUp(colSubmit,Title = "Region").Data

}

);

Notify(

"Form Successfully Submitted",

NotificationType.Success,

);

Navigate('Home Screen')

)

Aydeedglz
Helper I
Helper I

I have already found the solution to this, I erased the text format in the gallery and inserted a HTMLTEXT instead, then I used this code, inside HtmlText:

Aydeedglz_0-1660932719663.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,716)