cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnorris135
Helper IV
Helper IV

Gallery Field Capture issue

Trying to understand something...... i have a checkbox field called "ClassChoices" in a Gallery.   This checkbox field has 5 checkboxes in the gallery.  Along with capturing the first and last name from the form, I am trying to capture all the values in the checkbox(gallery) into a collection.  My code looks like this:

Collect(
           {ClassMember: Concatenate(

DataCardValue2.Text,
                         "",

DataCardValue3.Text),

ClassSelected: ClassChoices.Value})

the text fields work in the collection, but i get nothing from the checked boxes.  I also tried ClassChoices.Text and nothing works.  What am i doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @cnorris135 ,

Are you trying to collect multiple selected items? Firstly I am assuming that ClassesSelected is a Boolean (yes/no) field in your list - it so, try this

Clear(ClassRequestList);				
ForAll(
   Filter(
      YourGalleryName.AllItems,
      ClassChoices.Value = true
   ),
   Collect(
      ClassRequestList,
      {
         ClassMember: 
         Concatenate(
            DataCardValue2.Text,
            "",
            DataCardValue3.Text
         ),
         ClassesSelected: true
      }
   )
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @cnorris135 ,

Firstly, you have no Collection name. I just did a test this end on the below and it collected the selected item in the gallery with two text boxes and a checkbox perfectly on 5 runs in a row.

Collect(
  YourCollectionName,
  {
      ClassMember: 
      Concatenate(
         DataCardValue2.Text,"",DataCardValue3.Text
      ),
      ClassSelected: ClassChoices.Value
   }
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Yes i forgot to put that in the code.... the code is this:

Collect(

ClassRequestList,

{

ClassMember: Concatenate(

DataCardValue2.Text,

"",

DataCardValue3.Text

),

ClassesSelected: ClassChoices.Value

}

)

I have this on a button called "Add Member" on the OnSelect and I get this..
selectedList screenie.PNG

So i gets the Name just fine, but i can not get the checkbox captures.  I selected 3 checkboxes in the gallery so it should show 3 items...  Sigh........

Hi @cnorris135 ,

Is this what you expect ?

Collect(
     YourCollectionName,
     {
         ClassMember:
             Concatenate(
            DataCardValue2.Text,"",DataCardValue3.Text
             ),
          ClassSelected: Concat(Gallery.AllItems,lbl_Classes&" - "&CheckBox.Value&";")
   }
)

I supose that you have a label inside the gallery that keeps the Classes name and I included in Concat function(). I called lbl_Classes, you can adapted as your needs.

Your ClassSelected will be a string type, including all combobox values from Gallery.

Hope it helps !

No sir, im sorry it is not.  My Gallery called "ClassGallery" only has the checkbox field in it called "ClassChoices".  I was thinking the WarrenBelz idea would work of ClassChoices.Value, but for whatever reason, it leaves the ClassChoices in the collection Blank...... i selected three items in the gallery.  Just does not make sense to me why it wont work.

Hi @cnorris135 ,

Are you trying to collect multiple selected items? Firstly I am assuming that ClassesSelected is a Boolean (yes/no) field in your list - it so, try this

Clear(ClassRequestList);				
ForAll(
   Filter(
      YourGalleryName.AllItems,
      ClassChoices.Value = true
   ),
   Collect(
      ClassRequestList,
      {
         ClassMember: 
         Concatenate(
            DataCardValue2.Text,
            "",
            DataCardValue3.Text
         ),
         ClassesSelected: true
      }
   )
)

View solution in original post

Hi @cnorris135 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Yes sir, that worked.  i always appreciate your help.  It worked.   Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,889)