Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PVLove
Helper III
Helper III

Gallery Filter Not Working on Separate Screens

Hello PowerUsers,

I'm creating an inhouse training app and using a gallery for the nav menu and a second gallery to display videos based on the selection in the nav menu. I have a separate screen for each training section. The first screen with the filters on the gallery nav menu and second gallery with the videos works as expected. However, when I try to use the same filter on a different screen the selected video will not display. I've searched the forum and have not found anything similar to what I'm trying to accomplish. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, am I using the correct filter on each gallery, etc.? Thanks for any and all assistance!

Data source is HelpDocs, SharePoint document library.

SPOVideos (Screen 1)
First Gallery > VideoGalleryMenu

Items > Filter(HelpDocs, AppTopic.Value = "OneDrive" || AppTopic.Value = "SharePoint")
[AppTopic is a Choice column in the library]

Button in Gallery for Menu > btnVideoMenu
Text > ThisItem.Title
OnSelect > false

Second Gallery > SelectVidGallery
Items > Filter(HelpDocs, AppTopic.Value = VideoGalleryMenu.Selected.AppTopic.Value)
Video5 > Media > ThisItem.VideoLink
[VideoLink is a Hyperlink column in the library]

MS365Videos (Screen 2)
First Gallery > MSVideoGalleryMenu
Items > Filter(HelpDocs, AppTopic.Value = "Excel" || AppTopic.Value = "MS365")

Button in Gallery for Menu > btnMSVideo
Text > ThisItem.Title
OnSelect > false

Second Gallery > MSGallery
Items > Filter(HelpDocs, AppTopic.Value = MSVideoGalleryMenu.Selected.AppTopic.Value)
Video1 > Media > ThisItem.VideoLink

Screen 1Screen 1

Screen 2Screen 2Document LibraryDocument Library

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
victorcp
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

The problem is in the filter of the seccond gallery, you are filtering by the selected AppTopic, so it will return everything that match and the first item doesn't have any video.

victorcp_0-1670323263007.png

Try this:

Items > Filter(HelpDocs, ID = MSVideoGalleryMenu.Selected.ID)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
victorcp
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

The problem is in the filter of the seccond gallery, you are filtering by the selected AppTopic, so it will return everything that match and the first item doesn't have any video.

victorcp_0-1670323263007.png

Try this:

Items > Filter(HelpDocs, ID = MSVideoGalleryMenu.Selected.ID)

Hi @victorcp ,

Thank you so much for responding!  Your solution worked like a charm.  I added a Choice column to the HelpDocs library and filtered on that column, Filter(HelpDocs, Title = MSVideoGalleryMenu.Selected.TrainingVideos.Value), which worked.  But your solution is probably a better way to go, I don't have to remember to update the TrainingVideos column every time I add a new Video or PDF to the library.  Thanks again!

Patti

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,250)