Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ömer
Resolver I
Resolver I

Gallery Filtering by explicit User

Hello everyone I have a quick question.

I want to filter a gallery explicitly by the user who uses the app. I have an Office 365 connection and I want to explicitly say in the gallery that the user can only see their entries. On the internet I saw a video where this formula was used:

Filter(DataSource; Created By E.Mail User.....

but unfortunately it does not work for me.

My filter function looks like this

Filter(DevelopmentIdea;Or(txt_Search.Text in Customer; txt_Search.Text in Title;txt_Search.Text in RequestedFrom);IdeaType.Value=Drp_DevelopmentType.Selected.Value)

Now I want to filter the explicit user here. How do I do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nogueira1306
Super User
Super User

Search(Filter(DevelopmentIdea;'Created by'.Email = User().Email;IdeaType.Value=Drp_DevelopmentType.Selected.Value);txt_Search.Text;"Customer";"Tilte";"RequestedFrom")

Try using search for text inputs

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/power-fx/reference/function-filter-lookup

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,

Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Buy me a coffee!

Check my User Group (pt-PT)!

Last Post on Community

My website!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Nogueira1306
Super User
Super User

Search(Filter(DevelopmentIdea;'Created by'.Email = User().Email;IdeaType.Value=Drp_DevelopmentType.Selected.Value);txt_Search.Text;"Customer";"Tilte";"RequestedFrom")

Try using search for text inputs

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/power-fx/reference/function-filter-lookup

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,

Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Buy me a coffee!

Check my User Group (pt-PT)!

Last Post on Community

My website!

Ömer
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello thank you for your help i tried it but i got this Error Message Created by is not recognized

Insert the name of your field there. If you are using a Sharepoint list, that will be the field created by (that displays the user that created the record)

Ömer
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello your solution worked i maid a mistake from my side. I am workig with a german version so i had to change created by into the german version to erstellt von and then it worked languange barrier 

thank you 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,639)