Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ömer
Resolver I
Resolver I

Gallery Filtering by explicit User

Hello everyone I have a quick question.

I want to filter a gallery explicitly by the user who uses the app. I have an Office 365 connection and I want to explicitly say in the gallery that the user can only see their entries. On the internet I saw a video where this formula was used:

Filter(DataSource; Created By E.Mail User.....

but unfortunately it does not work for me.

My filter function looks like this

Filter(DevelopmentIdea;Or(txt_Search.Text in Customer; txt_Search.Text in Title;txt_Search.Text in RequestedFrom);IdeaType.Value=Drp_DevelopmentType.Selected.Value)

Now I want to filter the explicit user here. How do I do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nogueira1306
Super User
Super User

Search(Filter(DevelopmentIdea;'Created by'.Email = User().Email;IdeaType.Value=Drp_DevelopmentType.Selected.Value);txt_Search.Text;"Customer";"Tilte";"RequestedFrom")

Try using search for text inputs

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/power-fx/reference/function-filter-lookup

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,

Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Buy me a coffee!

Check my User Group (pt-PT)!

Last Post on Community

My website!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Nogueira1306
Super User
Super User

Search(Filter(DevelopmentIdea;'Created by'.Email = User().Email;IdeaType.Value=Drp_DevelopmentType.Selected.Value);txt_Search.Text;"Customer";"Tilte";"RequestedFrom")

Try using search for text inputs

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/power-fx/reference/function-filter-lookup

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,

Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Buy me a coffee!

Check my User Group (pt-PT)!

Last Post on Community

My website!

Ömer
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello thank you for your help i tried it but i got this Error Message Created by is not recognized

Insert the name of your field there. If you are using a Sharepoint list, that will be the field created by (that displays the user that created the record)

Ömer
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello your solution worked i maid a mistake from my side. I am workig with a german version so i had to change created by into the german version to erstellt von and then it worked languange barrier 

thank you 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,757)