Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jed76
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Gallery Filtering

Can anyone shed any light onto this. 

I have a collection which I wish to filter. I am sorting descending and within this I am filtering via a column called "task_type" and when this column is EQUAL to 4. I am also applying a second filter based on a dropdown box. The dropdown box itself is linked to a previous gallery, so its item is gallery.selected. Within this I have another column. 

So the filter is filtering via task_type 4 and dropdown.selectedtext."name of column in previous gallery".

All works absolutely fine, however the filter often duplicates a line or two in the gallery. So rather than showing the 1 unique line coming from the SP list and into the gallery, it then adds two or three duplicates of the same line again. This must be the filter as it happens a few seconds after it retrieves the main record? It's almost as though the filter is too slow?

Many thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
Gochix
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @jed76 ,

Could we get some sample code how your gallery Items formula looks like?

Without a sample code this can't be properly troubleshot. 

jed76
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Many thanks. It seems to be the collection which is getting duplicated lines from the source?

My filter code:

Sort(

Filter(
colGridData,
ProjectId=Dropdown8.SelectedText.ProjectId,
TaskType=4

),

ID,Descending)

jed76
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Just viewed the collection (after a CLEARCOLLECT) and there's the main line and then two duplicates in the collection? Not all of the columns in the duplicates are populated though?

Hi @jed76 ,

Doesn't look like you have any issues with your gallery Items formula.

Possibly clearcollect issue? 

Could you paste the code?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,868)