Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Gallery Issue

Help!

Gallery.Selected.xxx is not returning anything in PowerApps Studio environment but working in Published App! I have an app which, until today, was working fine. I have made no code changes but when I open my app today, my Galleryname.Selected is not returning anything! I have several galleries throughout the app and I, for example, set labels to be galleryname.Selected.ID (doesn't matter whether you use ID or any other valid fieldname).

Today, the labels aren't receiving the .selected.ID! If I publish the app, it all works fine??? I have replaced one of galleries with a listbox, a dropdown and a datatable and then .selected works fine so this appears to be an issue with the Gallery control?

I created a new app from scratch, same data sources, add a gallery and all works fine.

I was pointed in the direction of "caching" as the issue, so I have logged out of ALL office365 services, on all devices, cleared browser cache and rebooted but still not working?  Any one with any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

Re: Gallery Issue

Yeah it might be due to cache issue. If you are navigating to show the to another screen try this

Navigate('Screen Name',None,{Id:1}). You can pass multiple context variables too. use the context variables to populate data into labels

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @JeffSmith ,

have you considered checking the "Advanced Settings" of your app?

There might be any of the features being now turned on or off which heaven't been so in the past.... this could have some sort of negative effect on your gallery-items....

advanced-settings.png

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for the advice.  I had not changed any of the settings but, in order to be thorough, I have now systematically turned on (and off) each and every one of the advanced settings - saving the app and refreshing after each change - and still any labels or forms that rely on galleryname.selected.ID.

I can recreate the form exacty, in a new app and it works so it much be either a caching issue of some sort or a corruption in the underlying app?

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for the advice but I am afraid its not a navigation issue.  this is all happening on the one screen (a simple form where "item" is set to "gallery.selected")

I can recreate the form exactly, in a new app and it works so it must be either a caching issue of some sort or a corruption in the underlying app?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,777)