cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iwonder
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Gallery Items Depends...

Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

I have this for the Items property of my Gallery.

Either condition works on it's on great, the false condition works fine, but the true condition fails. It seems not all the fields in the collection are found and so some Text Input's I have in my gallery are not able to find their default value which is set to the collection field

If(IsBlank(varPelRec),First(Filter(colPelletRecords,Facility = SelectedFacility.Text)),First(Filter(PelletingRecord,ID = varPelRec)))

Why would "First(Filter(colPelletRecords,Facility = SelectedFacility.Text))" work on it's own but not as a part of this If()?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @StalinPonnusamy 

Thank you for your reply.

I figured it out. It's because my field names don't match between my SharePoint List and my Collection. They do now and all is well.

The reason is because I want to use a Gallery instead of a Form. I need a blank record for the gallery when I want to enter new values into my Gallery. If there is not one blank record the gallery is blank and does not show up.

I'm doing this because I don't like the form and can make the Gallery work more to my liking.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @iwonder 

1. We don't need First since this is a gallery

If(IsBlank(varPelRec),Filter(colPelletRecords,Facility = SelectedFacility.Text),Filter(PelletingRecord,ID = varPelRec))

2. Looks you are filtering either a collection or data source. Any reason?

3. Can you validate what value you are getting varPelRec to check that ID exists on the source

Hi @StalinPonnusamy 

Thank you for your reply.

I figured it out. It's because my field names don't match between my SharePoint List and my Collection. They do now and all is well.

The reason is because I want to use a Gallery instead of a Form. I need a blank record for the gallery when I want to enter new values into my Gallery. If there is not one blank record the gallery is blank and does not show up.

I'm doing this because I don't like the form and can make the Gallery work more to my liking.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,735)