cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_in_IT
Frequent Visitor

Gallery Label's Text String, how to make part of the string Bold and part not Bold?

Is there a way to make a string in the Text field of a Gallery's Labels be partly bold and partly normal?

For example, I have a Gallery that shows different assets and I have the Layout such that it shows title, subtitle, and body. So, there are 3 labels that display information. I have them showing Asset Name, Asset Make, and Asset Model like this:

Mike_in_IT_0-1658516025261.png

As you can see the whole label is either bold or normal. 

Is there a way to make just the first part "Asset Name: " be bold and the actual name "Access Point 1" be normal?

Like:

Strong("Asset Name: ") & "Access Point 1"

Or:

Bold("Asset Name: ") & "Access Point 1"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Mike_in_IT 

Not with a Label control!

You can use an HtmlText control instead and the HtmlText property would be:

"<b>Asset Name: </b>Access Point 1"

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Mike_in_IT 

Not with a Label control!

You can use an HtmlText control instead and the HtmlText property would be:

"<b>Asset Name: </b>Access Point 1"

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@RandyHayes 

That did it exactly, I just had to make the Gallery a blank and then add the HTML Text boxes into the gallery to make the work the way I wanted.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (4,218)