cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Gallery Navigation button not working.

Hello,

I am having an issue with a canvas app I put together. It uses a gallery that is extended to show only one record at a time. Whenever the app is loaded the "Navigate Forward" button does not respond. It works as expected on the studio but when loaded on the player the button it animates on click but the gallery does not navigate forward.

After much frustating experimentation I have determined that using the scroll bar first then the navigation button fixes the issue for that session, however it is not something I can ask my users to do everytime.

Any help would be appreciated.

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Please disable this CSS from your custom CSS http://prntscr.com/mx5n5o

I hope this helps!

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

I too am having this issue. I don't want to waste retail space using scroll bars but don't have any option just now.

Highlighted

Has there been any official fix or workaround for this bug? If I set the Gallery Navigation step to 2 it preforms perfectly, but obviously that means only seeing every second record.

Highlighted

I would be curious to know about this as well.

This issue exists for quite a while already. It's time for a fix, considering that its a very common scenario to show only 1 item per screen in a mobile environment.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Switching NavigationStep from 1 to for example 2, and switching it back again to 1 fixed problem. But for how long? ...

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Whole day i was not able to fix this button, solution is so simple that i should not mention how much time i spend to get it.

If in play mode your horizontal gallery  navigation button dosnt work. ( showScroll = false , showNavigation = true ) 

For a quick fix, change your gallery like below.

NavigationStep = If(yourGalleryName.VisibleIndex = 0, 2, 1)

Highlighted

The issue is that gallery cant handle to jump from index 0 to 2 with navigation step = 1. if you look at galleryVisible index in edit mode, it starts from 1, in play mode from 0... in my opinion it shouldn't be like that.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I found the solution.  You need to set the WrapCount property >=1.  By default it has no value, which I think should be corrected.  My guess is the NavigationStep doesn't know how many items to scroll up/down if you don't tell it how many items are displayed per row (i.e. per TemplateItem).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-gallery

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Since there is no "official" solution in this topic i want to share something that i tried and worked.

I changed the display mode of the gallery to Edit. Well, of course this isn't the best way to solve and there is some attention points, but, in my case, was a good workaround.

I hope it helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,804)