Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harley525
Helper III
Helper III

Gallery Result not vissible in screen

Hello,

I have made a Gallery with data i had some results standing in there.

but when i open the app i see no result only when i clicking on one of the gallery items.

How can i get for example that you get a result directly by opening the app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If This is common on a gallery it is good for me thnx for help 😉

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Harley525 Set the Item property of the EditForm to yourgallery.Selected

Sorry but i did that already, is it so that i am using one screen for edit, new en display that that is the issue?

and i have another problem with filter user see attachments.

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Harley525 

First change your Form Mode to Edit and get rid of the formula you have in there, it will not work.

Then on the right arrow Icon in your Gallery, add the following formula:

EditForm(Homescreen_Form)

In the New button, set the formula in the OnSelect action to:

NewForm(Homescreen_Form)

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

I am using the formula If(FormMode = FormMode.New; VarUserID; ParentDefault) to filter my app for that particular user.

I use on Start App this formula Set(VarUser; User());; Set(VarUserID; 'Office365-gebruikers'.MyProfileV2().id)

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Harley525 

That may be the case, but you have this on the DefaultMode property of the form.  It makes no sense because the Default mode requires that you provide a mode.  In your case, you're providing (based on your If statement) either a user id or a screen default value (which does not exist).  

If you want to filter for a particular user, then this is something you would do in the Items property of your Gallery, not in the DefaultMode property of the form.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Hey Randy your absolutly right it makes no sense but i am somethimes troubling with some defaultmodes this becomes of the videos that i follow and try to learn from it.

I have changed it but and i have no error but on start my screens is still the same i see know items a the right sight of my screen.

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Harley525 

What do you want on the right side when the app starts?  If you took the suggestions I made, then it should be empty until an item in the Gallery is selected.

If This is common on a gallery it is good for me thnx for help 😉

View solution in original post

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Harley525 

Sounds good.  

I was going to suggest that if you wanted the first item to be in the form when it is opened, then just make sure your Item property on the form is pointing to the selected item in the gallery and then make sure the form is in Edit as the Default mode.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,075)